Thomas E. Johnson, P.E.
ph: (952) 920-5204
fax: (952) 924-0803
Mr. Johnson holds a B.S. degree in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Minnesota and is a licensed professional engineer. In addition, he is a certified accident reconstructionist (ACTAR # 1517). In 1997, Tom Johnson founded engineering consulting practice of Railroad & Metallurgical Engineering, Inc. He has over 35 years of experience as an expert witness, metallurgica engineer and engineering department manager in the following industries: 25 years in railroad, 6 years in automobile and trucking engineering and 5 years in steel making. Mr. Johnson is a member and leader in numerous professional technical associations. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate level classes Tom also speaks at professional conferences.
• B.S. degree in Metallurgical Engineering,
University of Minnesota
• Graduate level Metallurgical Engineering courses
at University of Minnesota
• Graduate level MBA courses at Gannon University
• Certified Accident Reconstructionist (ACTAR #1517),
• Licensed Professional Engineer, 1984-present
• OSHA Certification, 2011-present
• Horton Industries, Inc. – Vice President, Engineering
• GE Transportation Systems – Component Design
& Product Engineering Mgr.
• The Bendix Corporation – Senior Metallurgist
• Chrysler Corporation – Materials Development Engineer
• North Star Steel – Project Metallurgist
• National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE),
• Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers (MSPE)
• American Foundry Society (AFS), 1997-present
• Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE), 1984-present
• American Society for Metals (ASM), 1978-present
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)